Augmented Reality In Education & Training- Current Market Scenerio & Impact On Future Learning:Augmented Reality</a > profoundly impacts education, training, and learning by providing immersive learning experiences for students and teachers. It creates an interactive environment with real-time feedback to make learning more engaging and impactful. With AR apps, you can overlay digital elements in the real world and bring abstract concepts to life, making them more tangible and accessible to learners. In addition, it provides you with an opportunity to build a game-based learning method that is more personalized, meaningful, and joyful. One of the crucial impacts of Augmented Reality in education and training is the use of cross-platform virtual applications, enabling them to extend learning practices beyond the classroom. A study reveals that Augmented Reality solutions in education can help students acquire new skills and gain new knowledge faster.</span > Let’s take a look at the future impacts of AR in the EdTech industry. According to the latest market analysis, the global AR in education market is all set to reach $20.9 billion by 2028. In 2022, the number of AR apps in education was 10,000 in Google and Apple Play stores. This number is expected to reach 25,000 by 2028 by all means. Till 2023, more than 70% of K-12 schools in the USA have started using AR in classrooms through multimedia and animations. Moreover, around 50% of state universities use AR technologies in classrooms for higher studies.</span >
|Year||Year-on-Year Growth||Market Volume (USD billion)||Number of Apps|
Infographic or Bar chart is required to represent the table
Benefits Of Augmented Reality In Education:Augmented Reality transformed the educational world we are experiencing now. No wonder the benefits of augmented Reality in education are vast, and it’s time to explore them in detail.</span >
- From Anywhere To Everywhere-Accessibility At Fingertips The primary benefit of augmented reality in education is that it has the upper hand in replacing traditional teaching materials. In the past, paper textbooks, notes, physical models, and printed manuals were the basic learning materials for the students. Furthermore, purchasing these materials was expensive, too. But, thanks to the Augmented Reality solutions for education, the scenario is changing quickly. Paperless augmented reality applications are less costly than traditional learning methods. This immersive technology has brought interactive learning to your fingertips and made education accessible to everyone cheaply.</span >
- Empowering Learners: No Special Tools Required for Education: Augmented reality in education is transforming our future learning habits and techniques. AR educational apps need no special equipment or expensive hardware to start learning. Due to high-speed internet, around 75% of teenagers now use AR mobile apps for education and entertainment. AR technologies can integrate with any smart device, and students can use them without additional effort. All that’s needed is a smartphone or tablet to start the learning. This accessibility can empower learners from all backgrounds and socio-economic statuses to learn in a fun and engaging way.</span >
- Active Learning- AR To Boost Engagement: Interactive learning has the potential to boost positivity among students during the study session. Through gamification and visually appealing features, AR technologies can increase the learning interest and keep students engaged from start to finish. It offers a unique and interactive experience that enables learners to engage with their environment through visual and auditory aids. With AR, learners can explore and interact with virtual objects to integrate into their real-world environment. Augmented reality in education can help students visualize complex concepts and increase the information retention rate.</span >
- Improved Collaboration Through AR Technologies: AR technology can also create opportunities for collaborative learning, where students can work together on tasks and projects that incorporate virtual objects. This approach encourages communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to achieve real-world success. The AR in the classroom can create a fun and engaging learning environment that can motivate students to be more active and improve teamwork skills.</span >
- Safer, Smarter, Faster- Augmenting The Workplace: Augmented reality has also transformed the ed-tech sector by revolutionizing workplace training. It is one of the many benefits of augmented reality in business. With AR, employees can learn and practice procedures in a virtual environment. It reduces the risk of accidents and mistakes in the real world. In addition, it also allows for a more interactive and engaging learning experience, making training sessions more effective and efficient. By using AR technology in the workplace, employees can access real-time information and instructions, increasing productivity and reducing the training time.</span >
How To Apply Augmented Reality In Ed-Tech Business:The impact of augmented reality in business has the potential to transform the traditional trade and commerce landscape. Businesses can use this technology in areas that require visualization and hands-on experience. Today, most ed-tech companies use augmented reality in science, engineering, and architectural learning. In addition, businesses are finding new ways to incorporate this technology into their platforms. Let’s checkout the useful steps to apply AR in ed-tech business.</span >
- Discover The Learning Objectives: To apply AR to edu-tech startup entrepreneurs must identify the learning objectives that can benefit from the technology. In addition, they must also identify their target audience or users. The ed-tech entrepreneurs can use this immersive learning technology to enhance learning in many subjects and topics. However, it’s essential to determine the most suitable areas where AR can bring added value</span >
- Develop AR Content: After discovering the learning objectives, the ed-tech startup entrepreneurs need to develop AR content that aligns with them. It includes creating 3D models, videos, and interactive simulations for leading ed-tech platforms. Content creation can be done in-house or outsourced to third-party providers.</span >
- Integrate AR into the platform: to apply augmented reality in business, the next step is to integrate it into the leading digital platforms and devices. You can do it by using AR development kits or third-party platforms with AR functionality. The AR content should seamlessly integrate into the platforms and be accessible to all users.</span >
- Test & Refine The AR Experience: Now test the AR experience thoroughly to ensure it works as intended. You must focus on gathering user feedback to identify any issues and refine the AR experience. Regular updates and improvements to the AR content can ensure it remains engaging and effective.</span >
- Market The AR-Enhanced Platform: Finally, the time has come to launch the AR-enhanced ed-tech platform to attract users and create awareness. Highlighting the benefits of the AR experience and how it can enhance learning can help to generate interest and drive adoption. Collaboration with schools, educational institutions, and other relevant organizations can also be useful in promoting the AR-enhanced platform.
Challenges Of Augmented Reality In Education:Multiple benefits of augmented reality in education have made the learning process visually appealing and engaging. However, the implementation of AR in education also presents several challenges. Here are some of the challenges of augmented reality in education
- Cost: The cost of implementing AR technology in education can be high, making it difficult for some schools and institutions to afford. It includes the cost of hardware, software, and other associated expenses.
- Technical Issues: AR technology is still in its early stages, and it may face technical challenges like connectivity issues, glitches, and bugs. It can affect the overall user experience, making it frustrating for learners and educators.</span >
- Limited Content Availability: </b >The availability of AR content is still limited. Creating high-quality AR content requires specialized skills, equipment, and resources. It limits the number of AR resources available to educators and learners.</span >
- Lack Of Teacher Training: Teachers may lack the necessary training and expertise to integrate AR technology into their teaching practices. It can create a barrier to the successful implementation of AR in education.</span >
- Ethical Concerns: It can raise ethical concerns for privacy, data protection, and cyberbullying. Many believe the technology is harmful for the safety and well-being of learners.</span >
- Hardware Dependencies: AR technology requires specific hardware and devices to function effectively. For example, learners need smartphones, tablets, or other devices that support AR apps to access AR experiences.</span >
- Learning Curve: AR technology can be challenging for some learners, especially those with limited digital skills and knowledge. It can ultimately limit a student’s learning curve.</span >
Augmented Reality In Education: Who’s Interested, Who Requires it, and Who Delivers it?Augmented reality (AR) has the potential to revolutionize the way we learn by introducing interactive digital content. Here’s a breakdown of who’s interested in AR in education, who requires it, and who delivers it
- Who’s Interested in AR in Education Many educators, students, and parents are interested in the potential of AR to make learning more engaging, interactive, and effective. AR can help bring abstract concepts to life, provide immersive experiences that simulate real-world scenarios, and offer opportunities for personalized learning. For example, AR can bring abstract concepts to life by allowing students to interact with 3D models, visualizations, and simulations. It can help students better understand complex ideas and retain information more effectively. AR can make learning more interactive and fun by incorporating gamification elements, like quizzes, challenges, and rewards.
- Who Requires AR in Education? There is a growing demand for AR in education in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) fields. In these fields, the significance of visualization and experimentation are crucial. This technology also helps students with learning disabilities, such as dyslexia or ADHD, by providing visual and interactive aids. In addition, it can facilitate remote learning by creating augmented classroom environments. It is a critical component of the ed-tech industry. Augmented reality in business helps education sectors conduct interactive discussions and group projects in real-time and expand their service reach.
- Who Delivers AR in Education? Various players deliver augmented reality in education including educational technology (edtech) companies, experienced app development companies, publishers, and even individual educators. Educators have also started to deliver AR in education by creating unique AR content with help of AR app developers. In addition to that, Publishers deliver AR in education by incorporating AR elements into traditional textbooks and educational materials. For example, Pearson has created AR-enabled textbooks that allow students to interact with visualizations and animations.
AR In Education Market (projected Growth In Different Regions)
|Region||Market Size In 2022 (USD Billions)||Market Size In 2030 (USD Billions)||CAGR (2022-2030)|
Augmented Reality In Education – Use Cases, Implementation, and Use Cases:Leading edtech companies can use augmented reality to create immersive and interactive educational content to bring complex concepts to life. Augmented reality in business has a wider scope in creating virtual simulations to deliver hands-on training in various sectors. The use of AR in education is still in its early stages, but it is rapidly gaining popularity. Various educational institutions and companies worldwide are using AR in developing course materials and learning sessions for medicine, engineering, and architecture.</span > Here is a table highlighting some use cases, advantages ,companies, implementation, and functions of AR in education
|Virtual Simulations||Provides hands-on training without the need for expensive equipment.||Labster, zSpace, EON Reality||Hardware and software-based solutions||Simulations, experiments, training|
|Interactive Textbooks||Enhances learning experience by providing 3D models and interactive animations.||Pearson, McGraw-Hill Education||Mobile and desktop applications||Interactive content, visual aids|
|Language Learning||Facilitates language learning by providing interactive visual aids and immersive language immersion experiences.||Mondly, Rosetta Stone||Mobile and desktop applications||Immersive language learning, interactive visual aids|
|Historical Tours||Provides an immersive experience by bringing historical events to life.||Google Expeditions, ARtGlass||Mobile and website applications||Interactive tours, historical re-enactments.|
|STEM Education||Create an interactive learning experience in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.||Merge, Curiscope||Hardware and software-based solutions||Interactive models, simulations, experiments|
|Edutainment||Combines education and entertainment to make learning more fun and engaging.||Holoride, MEL Science||Hardware and software-based solutions||Educational games, interactive experiences|
|Classroom||Enhances traditional classroom teaching by providing interactive visual aids and 3D models.||Nearpod, Classcraft||Web and mobile applications||Interactive lessons, gamification|
|Professional Training||Provides hands-on training and simulations for professionals in various fields.||Varjo, AppliedVR||Hardware and software-based solutions||Simulations, training, skill-building|
|Apps For Kids||Creates educational and entertaining AR experiences for children.||PBS Kids, Hopster, Toca Boca.||Mobile Applications||Educational games, interactive stories, imaginative play.|
Future Of Augmented Reality In Education & Business- Trends:Let’s take a closer look at some potential future trends of augmented reality in education and business.</span >
- Increased Adoption: </b >Augmented reality is still a relatively new technology in education and business, but it has already shown great potential. As more companies and educational institutions start incorporating AR technology, we can expect to see more use cases emerge and more creative ways of using AR for learning and training.</span >
- Personalized Learning: Personalized learning is a growing trend in education, and augmented reality is poised to play a key role in its implementation. One great example of an AR app that enables personalized learning is “Dinosaur 4D+.” This app uses flashcards to allow students to view 3D dinosaurs, and they can use the app’s features to zoom in, rotate, and more. Additionally, the app provides information about each dinosaur, allowing students to learn at their own pace and in their own way. Another exciting example of AR in personalized learning is the “Element 4D” app, which makes learning chemistry fun by allowing students to explore chemical reactions and properties of different elements.</span >
- Integration With AI & IoT: AR technology can be integrated with artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things to create even more powerful learning and training experiences. For example, you can use AI algorithms to personalize learning experiences and use IoT sensors to provide real-time feedback on performance.</span >
- More Affordable Technology: As AR technology evolves, we can expect it to become more affordable and accessible. It could lead to more widespread adoption of AR in education and business, particularly in developing countries where traditional educational resources may be scarce.</span >
- Advancement In Hardware: As hardware technology continues to evolve, we can expect to see more sophisticated AR devices that are more comfortable to wear and offer a wider field of view. It could lead to more immersive and engaging AR experiences.</span >
Develop New AR-Based Edtech Products With Logic Square Technologies:If you want to create an AR-based edtech product that is innovative, educational, and fun, you must partner with Logic Square Technologies. At Logic Square Technologies, we have extensive experience in developing AR-based edtech products for kids that are engaging, interactive, and educational. Our team is proficient in developing and maintaining the frontend, backend, and design of AR games for kids. We also have expertise in working with Google cloud functions and player storage system design, ensuring our products are efficient, secure, and reliable. With us, app entrepreneurs can leverage our expertise to create cutting-edge AR-based edtech products that stand out in a crowded market. Our team is committed to working closely with our clients to understand their unique needs and preferences, ensuring their vision reflects in the final product. So what are you waiting for? Join us to create an exciting and immersive AR learning app.</span > Final Words: Augmented reality is a game-changer for the education industry, and edtech businesses can leverage this technology to create innovative, engaging, and personalized learning experiences for students. Whether you’re looking to develop new AR-based edtech products or integrate AR into your existing ones, partnering with a team of experts like Logic Square Technologies can help you stay ahead of the curve and deliver high-quality, immersive learning experiences to your users. So, take the leap and explore how you can apply augmented reality to your edtech business today!</span >
- What Are The Various Applications Of AR In Education & Training?</b >Ans: From visualization and interaction to collaboration and ramifications, AR in education and training has a wide range of applications and uses. The technology superimposes computer-generated images to visualize abstract concepts essential for educational training. For instance, with the help of AR applications, students can explore the solar system or analyze the anatomy of the human body in three dimensions. Through gamifications of various study concepts, it can make learning more engaging and fun.
- How Augmented Reality Is Used in Classrooms? Ans: Many educational institutions, schools, and universities use Augmented Reality in classrooms to provide students with real-time, immersive, practical lessons on any theoretical concept. AR in education allows teachers to create a safe, simulated environment inside the school and gamify learning through computer-generated visual representations of complex ideas. It also allows them to conduct virtual experiments and game-based assessments of student’s skills.
What Are Some Prime Examples Of AR In Education?
Well, there are plenty of real-life examples of AR applications designed
for education, training, and learning. A few prominent examples are as
- Dinosaur 4D+: It is a very popular AR educational app showcasing the inception and evolution of dinosaurs. This app allows teachers to teach about how they came to life and their extinction.</span >
- Human Anatomy 4D: This AR app allows students to explore the human body and analyze different organs, cell structures, blood circulation systems, and skeleton structures in detail, layer by layer.</span >
- AR Solar System: It is a 3D AR app that allows students to navigate our solar system with gamification and visual imagery.</span >
- AR Makr: This AR app allows students to create their 3D models with whom they can interact. It is a great way to improve the communication skills of introverted students.</span >
- What Is AR Learning Experience? Ans: AR Learning Experience is most commonly referred to as Augmented Reality Learning Experience or ARLE. It is a learning experience created by developing digitized learning objects enhanced by AR technology. This learning experience is meant to be more engaging, interactive, and thought-provoking than traditional learning experiences. This experience is created by blending fundamental and combined digital resources coupled with logic, visual elements, and structure.
- What Are Fundamental & Generative AR Learning Objects? Ans: Augmented Reality in education and training has two broad concepts regarding the learning object: 1) Fundamental & 2) Generative. Fundamental AR learning object allows you to teach basic concepts and skills. It gives you the freedom to incorporate AR elements into existing lessons and study materials. On the other hand, Generative AR Learning Object is used to teach more complex ideas and concepts, allowing students to develop their own AR experiences.
- How Augmented Reality Services in Education Can Help EdTech Business? Ans: AR Services in education and training has a bright prospect. AR in education can help the EdTech sector build innovative products and services that deliver interactive learning experiences. In addition, AR technology allows tech entrepreneurs to reach a wider audience of students and learners and make AR innovations more profitable.
What Are The Tech-Stacks Used By The AR Development Company To Build AR
AR development companies use various tech stacks to develop AR apps for
education and learning. The Tech stacks may vary depending on the app
types and business goals. A few common AR tech stacks include:
- Unreal Engine
- How AR Development Company Can Help Me Build AR Apps For Education? Ans: AR Development company can help you develop AR apps and explore AR in the education sector by helping you choose the right AR platform. They have the experience, resources, and expertise to design and develop your AR app and test it at the end. In addition, an experienced AR development company can help you launch and market your AR app in Google and Apple Play stores and improve its performance through robust support and maintenance.